I don't think I need to elaborate more about signs of kiamat, you can google it.
While we're busy posting things up on social media and "lalai" with playing Pokemon Go, we tend to forget that all those are just tools to drive us away further from the actual reality that the world is getting more sick.
There will come one day when all the big signs of kiamat will rise, and when the Sun rises from the west, then the "pintu taubat" will be closed forever.
I'm not writing this to scare nor to be a party pooper. Simply to remind me and you, over what we should do:
1) Be positive. Instead of being worried about kiamat 24/7, pray. We can't defy what Allah SWT has planned for human kind, but we can try to pull as many people as we can to go to Jannah with us.
2) Pray. Pray. Pray. Not just for ourselves. But for the people that we care and love.
3) Recite the Qur'an. One of the signs that shows kiamat is near is how the Qur'an is no longer being recited. Defy that. Don't be one of those signs. Mengaji. Even for just 5 minutes a day, mengaji. If the people around you malas nak mengaji, niat nak sedekah and share pahala with them and pray that Allah SWT accepts our request.
4) Focus on your life and be a good person. Despite all the bad things happening now, it's all about good vs evil. Spread positivity, spread happiness and be a good person. Kindness is contagious.
5) Yes, reading the news is important. But instead of being stressed out about it, focus on starting your day right and make the right choices. Live and pray as if it's the last day of your life.
Till then, may Allah SWT shower us with His mercy and may He forgive our sins and grant us a place in Jannah. Amin.